Introduction: What is your favorite way to keep up on what’s happening in the world?
Read Galatians 1:11-2:10
- How do you judge if something or someone is credible? How do you discern fact from opinion? Paul had impressive credentials. What in his background lends credibility to his message?
- Do you think the Galatians should listen to Paul instead of the Judaizers? Why or why not? What do you think is most important in verses 11-12? Why?
- Is anything surprising in these verses 15-18? Why or why not? Do you think God calls and sets people apart for His purposes today? Can you think of a modern day example?
- After 14 more years, Paul goes to Jerusalem again. Why do you think it was important that a revelation called him to go to Peter, James, and John and to preach the gospel he had been preaching to the Gentiles? What was the result of his trip? (Galatians 2:1-9) How did the encouragement or endorsement from the others lend additional credibility to his call?
- The story of how God called you is as unique as Paul’s story. What about your own story lends credibility to the gospel?
Abide/Love/Bless: Who needs to hear your story of redemption?