What is one luxury in your life that feels like a necessity?
Read 1 Timothy 6:17-19
- What are characteristics you would attribute to the rich? Are the majority of characteristics on your list positive or negative?
- Do you consider yourself rich? Why or why not?
- The median income in Anoka County is $76,533. This puts us in the top .11% (<1%) of income earners in the world! What are your initial thoughts when you hear this statistic?
- Why do you think Paul, the author of 1 Timothy, gives such strong warnings to the rich in these verses? Are there traps to which the rich are especially prone?
- Even if we know we’re rich, it’s easy to feel like we lack when we compare our experiences and possessions to those around us. How can we prevent this from happening?
- What are some active ways we can put our hope and joy in God instead of our wealth and the perceived comfort and security it provides?