Where have you seen the greatest poverty?
Over the next few weeks, we will look for ways to use our God-given resources to make a difference in our world.
- Read Genesis 1:27-28a - Do you think the command to “be fruitful and multiply” can ever be completed? Should we consider doing less “multiplying?”
- God made us in such a way that we fulfill our purpose when we look to increase. Have you ever heard a sermon that communicated that seeking “increase” is a bad thing?
- Read Luke 12:13-21 - In verse 15, Jesus said to be on guard against all kinds of greed. What kinds of greed are there?
- Read Luke 12:16 - Notice that the text does not say there was anything wrong with having a great harvest…only in what the man did with it. How are we to desire a profit without being greedy?
- How much is enough? Why does it seem so difficult, especially in American culture, to resist building bigger and better “barns?”
- Why does it feel so good to purchase something for ourselves and less good to give our resources away to people who live in poverty? Perhaps you don’t feel this way. Explain your answer.
- Read Luke 12:21- How does one be “rich toward God?” What is your biggest challenge in being rich toward God?
What is one thing you can do this week that would combine striving for “increase” and