Getting Started: Other than 2020, what is the most memorable Easter of your life?
Digging In: Read Ephesians 1:15-23
- vs. 15- What are the reasons Paul has not stopped giving thanks for God’s people?
- vs. 17- Why is Paul asking they would receive the Spirit of wisdom and revelation?
- When you think about having wisdom and revelation, what would you normally think of being able see? How is that different from Paul’s prayer?
- vs. 18- Paul speaks of “the eyes of your heart”…do you think of your heart being able to see? How does having this sight help us have hope?
- Living in the reality of coronavirus, which causes more concern for you: the health of your loved ones or your job and finances?
- What is the hope we need to cling to and the riches we have inherited?
- vs. 19- When do you feel the most powerful? When do you feel the least?
- What kind of power is available to us who believe?
- What are the things we need to be remembering/doing to feel powerful in our scary world?
- vs. 20- Whenever a person “sits down”, it means that the job they had to accomplish is finished. What is the significance of Jesus now sitting?
- vs. 21- What is the significance of Jesus’ position being not only for now, but for the age to come? How does this picture give us confidence and peace?
- vs. 22-23 - How do we as the church represent the “fullness of him who fills everything in every way?”
- What areas do you need prayer for, areas where you feel weak and vulnerable instead of able to walk in the power of Christ?
- How can you be praying for your friends and neighbors? What are their greatest fears?