Do you believe that the Vikings will win a Super Bowl in the next 20 years? What is the foundation of that belief or unbelief?
Read Mark 9:14-29
- Read the story again, looking for the things that surprise you.
- Vs. 15- What caused the people to be “overwhelmed with wonder?”
- Vs. 14- Knowing the rest of the story, what do you think the argument was about?
- Vs. 19- Who do you think Jesus was referring to as “unbelieving?”
- Vs. 24- What was the core of the man’s belief? His unbelief?
- Vs. 25- It seems like Jesus moved quickly as a crowd was gathering. Why wouldn’t Jesus wait until there was an even bigger crowd?
- What area(s) in your life have you given up on changing? What would need to happen for your doubt to become belief?
- Vs. 29- What are some things in your life and family that will change “only by prayer?”
Alone with God:
- Write down some areas where your doubt is greater than your faith. Move into a season of fervent prayer for God to grow your faith.
- Write down some areas where a loved one needs to grow in faith. Pray for ways you can be encouraging to them and help their unbelief.