What would you do if one of those scam emails was really true; that a rich man in Liberia was sending you $2 million dollars? What do you dream of that money can buy?
Read Luke 12:13-21
- Verse 18 - Do you think people generally feel like there is “surplus” in their lives? Why not? Why is it that no matter our income, it feels like there is barely enough?
- Why is it so tempting to store up for ourselves? What are the arguments we use to justify our full closets and garages? Why do those arguments sound so logical?
- Verse 21 - How would you describe a person who is rich towards God? Do you naturally think of qualities related to money?
- What would need to change to follow the 10-10-80 pattern in your own life that Pastor Discher spoke of?
- Read Matthew 6:19-24. How would eternity be affected if we were to lay up our treasures in heaven? How would things be better today if we did so?
- Even 80% of our income would classify us as some of the richest people in the world. How can we be rich towards God not only with giving 10%, but with seeing God as the owner of the 100% of our income?
Ask God to help you live generously and to be making commitments towards Global Partnerships that will make you rich towards God.