Getting Started: What is the most unusual Mother’s Day gift you remember either giving or receiving?
Digging In: Read Philippians 4:4-13
- Why do you think that Paul wrote, “I will say it again, rejoice!”? Why was it necessary to repeat it?
- What is the difference between “giving praise to God” and “rejoicing in the Lord”?
- Why is it important for our gentleness to be evident to all? How can we as Christians do so in the age of Covid-19?
- In vs. 6 Paul seems to be saying that prayer is the best antidote to being anxious. Do you agree? Why does that seem difficult to do?
- In what ways does the peace of God guard our hearts? In what ways does he peace of God guard our minds? How are these different and how are they related?
- In vs. 8 try and give at least one example of each of these things we should think about.
- How does thinking about such things contribute to our sense of being at peace?
- Paul holds up himself as an example of living at peace. In what ways do you most need to learn from Paul?
- In vs. 11 Paul states that he had “learned to be content”. How do you think he learned to be content? What activities help us learn to be content?
- What part of Covid-19 is the most difficult for you to be content with? Do you want to be content with this, or do you feed your discontent?
- How does Christ help us be at peace when we ask him?
- How can others help you grow in contentment, living at peace? Pray for one another.