Small Group Study Questions
Getting Started: What is the oldest Christmas ornament that normally hangs on your tree?
Digging In: Read Philippians 2:1-18
Our focus in on the “mindset” of Jesus Christ.
- vs. 5- What is a “mindset”? What difference does that make in the way we live?
- v. 6- An important doctrine of the church is that when Jesus walked on earth, he was still fully God, but was also fully man.
- In what ways do we see the humanity of Christ in his life on earth?
Mt. 8:24, John 19:28, Mark 14:32-34.
- In what ways do we see that Jesus was still divine?
Mark 4:39-41, Mark 2:1-12, Mark 8:1-8.
- If Jesus was fully God, but not fully man, what do we lose?
Hebrews 2:18, Hebrews 4:15, Philippians 2:6-8
- If Jesus was fully human but not fully God, what do we lose?
Hebrews 4:15, Without ____________.
Hebrews 9:27-28- Able to take away __________.
John 14:1-6 Able to provide access to __________.
Hebrews 2:14- Broke the power of ____________.
- vs. 9-11- Since Jesus was willing to make himself nothing, what was the end result?
- vs. 1-4, 14-15- The passage about the mindset of Jesus is in the middle of Paul’s teaching about our own mindset. What is our mindset to be?
- When it comes to how you interact with others, what is your primary mindset? Humility? Belief you are smarter than others? Protectiveness, since others are always wanting to take advantage of you? Some other mindset?
- What do you need to empty yourself of so that you can have the mindset of Christ?