Small Group Study Questions
February 21, 2021
Getting Started: Has anyone ever given you a large gift? Would you be willing to share about it? How did this gift make you feel?
Digging In: Read Acts 2:42-47 and Acts 4:32-37
- When you read about the early church, what sounds the most compelling to you? What sounds the most unrealistic to duplicate in our day?
- 2:42- What does it look like to be “devoted” to these things? What would you say most church-attenders are “devoted” to now?
- What created such a fervency, such a dedication? Is it possible for people today to have the same intensity about Jesus and his people? Why or why not?
- Both of these passages mention how they shared their possessions with each other. Why were they doing this?
- Acts 4:33-34 speaks of “God’s grace” being at work so powerfully that there was no needy person among them. Does “God’s grace” still work in such ways?
- We seem to be reluctant to:
- sell our possessions and give them away. Why?
- put our possessions at the feet of the apostles with no strings attached. Why?
- Do conversations about giving our possessions away make you uncomfortable? Why?
- What would need to take place for you to start liquidating your property and giving it away to people other than your immediate family?
- If you made an extravagant donation to some God-honoring cause, how would that make you feel? Do you think you would have regrets?
- What are the kinds of things people need to do to break the power of “money” in their life?
- What are the kinds of things you need to do to break the power of “money” in your life?