Anchored In Truth - January 3, 2021
Getting Started: How late did you stay up on December 31st? Why?
Digging In: When you think about an “anchor”, do you think of something bad that holds you back or something good that holds you down?
- Determining how Truth is established is of utmost importance for every one of us. Following are some of the ways Truth is determined. What are some examples of each and the benefits or dangers of each?
- Truth is determined by me.
- Truth is determined by our corporate decisions.
- Truth is determined by what God says.
- We believe that Truth has been determined by God and revealed by God to us. Read the following to see where Truth is found. Psalm 119:160, 2 Timothy 2:15, Hebrews 4:15, John 1:14, John 14:6.
3. Read 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- Scripture is able to make you wise for salvation. What do the scriptures say about salvation? How is that different from what many people think?
- Scripture is useful for teaching. What are the kinds of things scripture teaches us? How do we demonstrate that it is important
- Scripture is useful for rebuking. What kinds of things do we need to rebuked about?
- Scripture is useful for correcting. When was a time you needed the truth of scripture to correct you? Are there times when your beliefs stand in opposition to what the Bible says?
- Scripture is useful for training in righteousness. What does it mean to be trained in righteousness? How would that compare to be trained in cooking or trained in skeet shooting or trained in basketball?
- Scripture makes us thoroughly equipped for every good work. What is the difference between being equipped and thoroughly equipped?
- Read the following: Romans 1:25, 2 Timothy 2:18, 4:4, and 2 Thessalonians 2:10.
Why is it so tempting to walk away from the Truth or resist it?
- What actions could you take as a group to encourage one another in being committed to the Truth of God? How could you pray for one another to be anchored in Truth?